By MARAH ALINDOGAN
For Eva Longoria, creating romance in the bedroom involves more than just sprinkling rose petals on the bed.
The "Desperate Housewives" alum, who is launching her first-ever home line with JC Penney on April 24, revealed in an exclusive interview with AOL that she likes to set the bedroom mood with vibrant colors, candles, and of course, a sexy partner.
But long before she was breaking hearts on television and dishing on sexy tips, the self-described domestic darling told AOL that everything she now knows about setting the mood in the bedroom began out of necessity.
Believe it or not, a young Longoria couldn't afford to decorate her own space during her early years in Hollywood and was forced to get crafty.
Check out what Longoria had to say about learning to sew, her love for design, and what really takes the bedroom up a notch when it comes to setting a romantic mood.
Why did you collaborate with JC Penney on this home line at this point in your very successful career?
My mother always said: "You have to make your house a home." I couldn't afford curtains or throw pillows when I was younger, so I would sew my own with lace and beading using designs I made myself.
Who taught you how to sew?
I taught myself. My mom taught me a little bit, but I learned mostly through Camp Fire Girls. I sewed a lot of things, like dresses and other clothes. My mom actually just showed me a bunch of throw pillows I made when I was young.
What can we find in your bedroom that makes it the perfect sanctuary after a long day?
I always need to have a throw on my bed. And of course, I need decorative pillows. I love a lot of pillows on a bed. I think it makes it pop and pulls together the room through a color pattern or texture of a textile. So for me, the style tip is-more pillows!
Are you an early riser or a night owl?
I usually have a hectic schedule, but I always make time to work out in the morning. So I'll wake up, work out and get ready for the day. One of my secret tricks is, I always get eight hours of sleep.
What is your secret to setting the romantic mood in the bedroom?
The secret to having romance in the bedroom is the partner that you pick **laughs** But, I love candles and incense in a bedroom. I also love the color lavender. To me, it represents sexiness. It's kind of a collection of many things-you really have to set the mood with your design and one of the easiest ways to do that is through bedding.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Can you really do the gel-only wash-and-go method on naturally coil…
- ‘It’s like heaven in a bottle’: Amazon shoppers say this acne wash del…
- ‘It works better than anything else I’ve ever tried’: This itch relief…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!