By MARAH ALINDOGAN
For Eva Longoria, creating romance in the bedroom involves more than just sprinkling rose petals on the bed.
The "Desperate Housewives" alum, who is launching her first-ever home line with JC Penney on April 24, revealed in an exclusive interview with AOL that she likes to set the bedroom mood with vibrant colors, candles, and of course, a sexy partner.
But long before she was breaking hearts on television and dishing on sexy tips, the self-described domestic darling told AOL that everything she now knows about setting the mood in the bedroom began out of necessity.
Believe it or not, a young Longoria couldn't afford to decorate her own space during her early years in Hollywood and was forced to get crafty.
Check out what Longoria had to say about learning to sew, her love for design, and what really takes the bedroom up a notch when it comes to setting a romantic mood.
Why did you collaborate with JC Penney on this home line at this point in your very successful career?
My mother always said: "You have to make your house a home." I couldn't afford curtains or throw pillows when I was younger, so I would sew my own with lace and beading using designs I made myself.
Who taught you how to sew?
I taught myself. My mom taught me a little bit, but I learned mostly through Camp Fire Girls. I sewed a lot of things, like dresses and other clothes. My mom actually just showed me a bunch of throw pillows I made when I was young.
What can we find in your bedroom that makes it the perfect sanctuary after a long day?
I always need to have a throw on my bed. And of course, I need decorative pillows. I love a lot of pillows on a bed. I think it makes it pop and pulls together the room through a color pattern or texture of a textile. So for me, the style tip is-more pillows!
Are you an early riser or a night owl?
I usually have a hectic schedule, but I always make time to work out in the morning. So I'll wake up, work out and get ready for the day. One of my secret tricks is, I always get eight hours of sleep.
What is your secret to setting the romantic mood in the bedroom?
The secret to having romance in the bedroom is the partner that you pick **laughs** But, I love candles and incense in a bedroom. I also love the color lavender. To me, it represents sexiness. It's kind of a collection of many things-you really have to set the mood with your design and one of the easiest ways to do that is through bedding.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!