Earth day is right around the corner, and while it may be difficult at times to find new ways to be environmentally friendly on a budget; doing so can save you a ton of money. To get you started, here are 3 ways you can go green and see even more green in your wallet.
1. Don't throw away those bottles and cans!
By recycling your aluminum cans, plastic bottles and glass at a bottle return center, you can earn a little extra cash. Though the return isn't that big, it beats not getting any cash back after throwing away these recycled items. By doing this, you'll also be cutting down on pollution caused by waste.
2. Go Solar
Though many may disagree, solar panels can bring a little futuristic edge to your home. Many companies will install these solar panels free of charge, but it's important that you read through the terms and conditions so that you know exactly what it is that you're giving up to get them. Once their installed, you can sit back and allow Mother Nature to help you rake in the savings. As you use less and less electricity, and more of the sun's natural and free energy, you'll notice a huge difference in your next electricity bill.
3.DIY Cleaning products
Why spend tons of money on cleaning products when you can just make them yourself. Your kitchen has all the ingredients that you'll ever need, and if you have to go out and buy these ingredients, the price tag they carry is bound to be cheaper then the actual cleaning product itself. DIY cleaning products can help cut down on the environmental pollution caused by their manufacture disposal. Here are some chemical-free cleaning hacks.
Click through below to see pictures of our very incredible earth:
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- Fly Practically Free With These 5 Travel Cards
- Best Credit Cards of 2021. We did the research. Find a better card now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program