In the next year's hurricane season, one hurricane you won't be hearing about is 'Isis'.
According to Reuters, the World Meteorological Organization or WMO has eliminated that name from the list of future hurricanes.
The decision was made in light of the activities by the terrorist organization ISIS.
For those who are wondering why Isis was on the list to begin with, the hurricane names are determined in advance and are recycled every six years.
'Isis' was on the Eastern North Pacific names list for 2016 with 23 others.
Depending on the number of storms, some names go unused. For instance, Hurricane Isis was a 2010 potential as well but wasn't used.
In 1998 however, Hurricane Isis did cause widespread damage.
The 2016 Isis spot has now been taken by Ivette.
A WMO spokesperson commented to Reuters, "Names are knocked off the list, which rotates every six years, if they are considered inappropriate if they caused too much damage and too much death."
Another name removed from the list is Odile that hit Mexico in 2014. It has been retired after it caused over $1 billion in damages and 11 fatalities.
More on AOL:
GOP hatches plan to replace Obamacare
700 feared dead in second tragic ship capsizing
Bobby Brown: Bobbi Kristina is 'awake'
Swift swept up by emotional award moment
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 5 seriously yummy waffle sandwiches on TikTok
- Mom gets real about other parents scolding her kids: ‘Hey, we don’t do…
- 7 essentials that’ll make your summer picnics Pinterest-worthy
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!