NEW YORK (AP) -- ESPN is expressing concern that new television packages being offered by Verizon do not comply with its existing agreements.
Verizon launched FiOS Custom TV on Sunday. The base package, which costs about $55, has more than 35 channels - such as AMC, CNN and Food Network - plus two additional themed channel packs. The offer does not include internet service.
But the channels included in the base package do not include ESPN or ESPN2. Those channels are available through a sports themed channel pack.
ESPN said in a statement that Verizon's new packages "would not be authorized by our existing agreements."
It says "our contracts clearly provide that neither ESPN nor ESPN2 may be distributed in a separate sports package."
Verizon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
More on AOL
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikToker shares just how cool it is to buy a drink at a Korean conv…
- Unexpected umami recipes on TikTok that use MSG
- You don’t have to wait until Prime Day — a bunch of the best Calvin Kl…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You