NEW YORK (AP) -- ESPN is expressing concern that new television packages being offered by Verizon do not comply with its existing agreements.
Verizon launched FiOS Custom TV on Sunday. The base package, which costs about $55, has more than 35 channels - such as AMC, CNN and Food Network - plus two additional themed channel packs. The offer does not include internet service.
But the channels included in the base package do not include ESPN or ESPN2. Those channels are available through a sports themed channel pack.
ESPN said in a statement that Verizon's new packages "would not be authorized by our existing agreements."
It says "our contracts clearly provide that neither ESPN nor ESPN2 may be distributed in a separate sports package."
Verizon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
More on AOL
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- 5 Best Credit Cards For Consolidating Debt
- You'll Love Paying 0% Interest Until 2022
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)