Happy hour cocktail of the day: Cucumber mint cocktail
Photo Credit: Cooking and Beer
Cucumber and Mint Cocktail
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 whole cucumber, skin removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 3 cups ginger ale (we used 2 cans of Hansen's)
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- slices of cucumber (garnish)
- In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with a tablespoon of water. Blend until completely pureed then set aside.
- In the pitcher you will be serving your cocktail out of, combine the fresh mint, lime juice and simple syrup. If you have a muddler, use it now to mash the ingredients together (If you don't have a muddler, I have found that the bottom of a long wooden spoon works perfectly).
- At this point, add in your reserved pureed cucumber and vodka. Add about a cup or two of ice (this step is optional if you will be serving right away -- otherwise skip so the mixture doesn't become watered down) and then top off with the ginger ale.
- With a long wooden spoon or stirrer mix the liquid together. If you have a lid to your pitcher that closes tightly, feel free to shake. Garnish with cucumber slices and enjoy!
More delicious summer cocktails:
More ways to use cucumbers this summer:
More from Cooking and Beer:
Charred Kale Caesar Salad with Honey Chipotle Chicken
Raspberry & Brown Sugar Meringue Cookies
Red Wine Chorizo Bites with Crusty Bread