By DR. KAREN LATIMER
From an outsider's perspective, it should be easy for a stay-at-home mom or dad to lose weight and stay fit. Anyone who has never done the stay-at-home drill pictures hours of leisure time, which can easily be filled with exercise, organic food shopping and healthy meal preparation. Drop the kids at school, run to Whole Foods. Put the baby down for a nap, jump on the elliptical machine.
Those of us who have stayed home while raising children know it is nothing like this. It is hectic. The free hours are piecemeal. It is boring. It does not lend itself to a relaxation and recreation. It is more of a "muddle through the chaos and pour yourself a glass of wine at 9pm" kind of life.
It is easy for me to understand why weight loss is hard for moms and dads who aren't working outside the home.
Here are the main reasons why:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 5 seriously yummy waffle sandwiches on TikTok
- Mom gets real about other parents scolding her kids: ‘Hey, we don’t do…
- 7 essentials that’ll make your summer picnics Pinterest-worthy
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!