By DR. KAREN LATIMER
From an outsider's perspective, it should be easy for a stay-at-home mom or dad to lose weight and stay fit. Anyone who has never done the stay-at-home drill pictures hours of leisure time, which can easily be filled with exercise, organic food shopping and healthy meal preparation. Drop the kids at school, run to Whole Foods. Put the baby down for a nap, jump on the elliptical machine.
Those of us who have stayed home while raising children know it is nothing like this. It is hectic. The free hours are piecemeal. It is boring. It does not lend itself to a relaxation and recreation. It is more of a "muddle through the chaos and pour yourself a glass of wine at 9pm" kind of life.
It is easy for me to understand why weight loss is hard for moms and dads who aren't working outside the home.
Here are the main reasons why:
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 5 light sweaters under $50 to transition your wardrobe from summer …
- In-laws are guilting pregnant mom and husband into making a 7-hour tri…
- Amazon shoppers rave about these TSA-approved travel containers that a…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!