You're probably familiar with China's "great wall," but did you know there's another one in India?
At almost 4,000 miles long, the Great Wall of China is so massive it can be seen from space. It also receives more than 10 million visitors a year. If you prefer smaller crowds and wandering off the beaten path, the Great Wall of India -- the second longest in the world -- might be for you.
Even though it's a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Kumbhalgarh Fort in western India is virtually a secret to tourists and Indians alike. The 22-mile long wall, which protects a massive hilltop fort and houses 360 temples, took a century to build.
The hike to the fort is steep, but the views of the mountainous Rajasthan landscape are stunning -- and something most people don't see. There's also a wildlife sanctuary for leopards, jackals and other animals near the fort.
Photos of the Great Wall of India
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!