You're probably familiar with China's "great wall," but did you know there's another one in India?
At almost 4,000 miles long, the Great Wall of China is so massive it can be seen from space. It also receives more than 10 million visitors a year. If you prefer smaller crowds and wandering off the beaten path, the Great Wall of India -- the second longest in the world -- might be for you.
Even though it's a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Kumbhalgarh Fort in western India is virtually a secret to tourists and Indians alike. The 22-mile long wall, which protects a massive hilltop fort and houses 360 temples, took a century to build.
The hike to the fort is steep, but the views of the mountainous Rajasthan landscape are stunning -- and something most people don't see. There's also a wildlife sanctuary for leopards, jackals and other animals near the fort.
Photos of the Great Wall of India
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!