You may not know Sammy Griner by name, but his face has become a familiar one among many Internet users. He's featured in a variety of triumph-related memes, a role that has earned him the nickname 'Success Kid.'
It has come to light that his father, Justin, is suffering from kidney failure and will eventually need a kidney transplant.
Sammy's mother has started a GoFundMe page to help cover the surgical and treatment costs.
The goal amount is listed at 75 thousand dollars. That's the sum needed for the transplant, medication and dialysis not being paid by Medicare. Some of the uncovered medications run thousands of dollars a month and must be taken for a lifetime. Medicare only offers assistance for the first 3 months.
The family is already suffering financially as dialysis has rendered Justin unable to work.
Also being sought through the GoFundMe campaign are potential live kidney donors, as Justin is not yet on the official list.
More from AOL
Cleveland Browns officially reveal new uniforms
Reese Witherspoon thinks Sofia Vergara is the next Lucille Ball
Kim and Kyle Richards reveal the reason behind their feud
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!