You may not know Sammy Griner by name, but his face has become a familiar one among many Internet users. He's featured in a variety of triumph-related memes, a role that has earned him the nickname 'Success Kid.'
It has come to light that his father, Justin, is suffering from kidney failure and will eventually need a kidney transplant.
Sammy's mother has started a GoFundMe page to help cover the surgical and treatment costs.
The goal amount is listed at 75 thousand dollars. That's the sum needed for the transplant, medication and dialysis not being paid by Medicare. Some of the uncovered medications run thousands of dollars a month and must be taken for a lifetime. Medicare only offers assistance for the first 3 months.
The family is already suffering financially as dialysis has rendered Justin unable to work.
Also being sought through the GoFundMe campaign are potential live kidney donors, as Justin is not yet on the official list.
More from AOL
Cleveland Browns officially reveal new uniforms
Reese Witherspoon thinks Sofia Vergara is the next Lucille Ball
Kim and Kyle Richards reveal the reason behind their feud
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Mom threatens to scream in the middle of Target over pile of boys’ …
- Amazon sells real diamond earrings — studs start at just $60
- ‘Unprofessional’ ultrasound tech makes mom-to-be physically ill after …
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!