The White House was put on lockdown Sunday -- but this time it wasn't because of a fence jumper, it was a four-year-old.A spokesperson for the Secret Service told CNN "4-year-old child climbed under (a) temporary bike rack along Pennsylvania Avenue. Child was fine and was safely reunited with parents."
Though the unnamed pre-schooler was never a real threat to the president, the innocent incident was enough to trigger a brief lockdown of his residence.
This wasn't the only lockdown in the nation's capital this weekend.
On Saturday a man shot himself dead in front of the U.S. Capitol Building, temporarily locking down the area during the final days of DC's popular Cherry Blossom Festival. Congress was not session, and the lockdown was lifted two hours later.
Also on AOL:
Hillary Clinton takes Facebook by storm after joining 2016 race
Clinton already uniting prospective GOP presidential field
Police video shows killing of black Oklahoma suspect
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!