Pickled Ramps and Aleppo Yogurt Sauce
- 4 cups ramps, cleaned
- 3 cups champagne vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups club soda
- Canola oil (enough to cover two inches of the bottom of the pot)
- Flat parsley, chopped (to taste)
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a medium-size pot and heat until liquid begins to simmer. Turn off heat, pour the liquid over the ramps and cover immediately. Let sit for 6 hours.
- Combine the flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt together then divide the total evenly into two bowls. Mix soda water into one of the bowls to form a batter. In a medium sized pot, bring oil to 375 F. In batches, dredge the pickled peppers in the dry tempura mix and then in the wet batter and fry, also in batches, until crisp. Serve with the aleppo yogurt, and finish with parsley.
ALEPPO YOGURT SAUCE
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 4 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tsps salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and adjust seasoning to taste.