Waitress accidentally serves 2-year-old sangria

6 PHOTOS
Toddler served Sangria at restaurant
See Gallery
Waitress accidentally serves 2-year-old sangria
A North Carolina’s family dinner turned into a nightmare when a waitress’ mistake sent their toddler to the hospital.
HIDE CAPTION
SHOW CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE

A North Carolina's family dinner turned into a nightmare when a waitress' mistake sent their toddler to the hospital.

Tiffany and Derek Gilliam took their 2-year-old daughter Gabriela to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Derek's birthday. They ordered a cranberry juice for little Gabby but the waitress brought her sangria instead.

Her parents told WLOS it didn't take long for them to notice something was wrong.

"She was staggering and she was kissing everything ... you shouldn't have to be scared for your 2-year-old's life over some careless mistake like that."

Gabriela's parents say she began throwing up and they took her to the hospital where she was diagnosed with accidental alcohol ingestion.

Fortunately, family members say she's doing much better. The restaurant issued a public apology to the family, saying it was an honest mistake and they also took care of the bill.

More from AOL.com:
Scientists successfully add woolly mammoth DNA into elephant
Nike's 'Just Do It' slogan inspired by convicted killer
New map shows state's cost obsessions

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.