Celine Dion opens up about husband's cancer battle: 'We are taking life one day at a time'
Celine Dion is returning to the Las Vegas stage in August after one of the toughest years of her life.
Dion, 46, opened up to ABC News' Deborah Roberts about taking time off to care for her husband and manager René Angélil, who is suffering from throat cancer.
"He can't eat so I feed him," Dion told Roberts. "He's got a feeding tube. I have to feed him three times a day."
The singer has been married to 73-year-old Angélil since 1994. The couple has three young sons and Dion says that right now, her family is "taking life one day at a time. [But] we are choosing to live."
The singer took an indefinite leave of absence from her Vegas residency to care for Angélil after his second cancer diagnosis last year. According to her rep, she will return to the Caesars Palace stage in late August with a new act.
"The fans, they know that I'm an open book," Dion said of leaving the show and her emotional decision to return. "I sing...that's the only thing I know."
See more from the emotional interview Wednesday on Good Morning America at 7 a.m. PT/ET and Nightline at 12:35 a.m. PT/ET.