Oh, the selfie. We've all been there: We see a celebrity or crazy event, and we decide to take a quick pic to prove we were there. Taking a selfie, though, is not always the answer, and these New Haven, Connecticut, pedestrians found out the hard way.
The pair noticed a fire on the street, so they did what felt natural: Take a video of the fire department putting out the flames. Soon, things went awry, and as they were filming, the hose blasted them with water. Hopefully, next time, these two will think before they selfie.
If you like awkward fails, check out these birthday cake fails:
More on AOL:
Man watches his fiancee pass out on Skype 700 miles away
Vanishing village in Japan is now home to more scarecrows than humans
Photo of baby seal pup kissing mom goes viral and melts our hearts