A man has missed out on claiming a more than one million dollar lottery prize. It's an ordeal that stretches back to September of last year when the winning ticket was sold at a market in Rosemead, California and yesterday the deadline was reached to cash in on the prize but no ticket was turned in.
That's because the very unfortunate man lost the ticket.
California Lottery released surveillance footage from the store on Wednesday in the hopes of identifying him.
"We have got surveillance video of the person state lottery officials believe whose name should be on this check."
One individual came forward saying he is the man in the video but he said he misplaced the important piece of paper that deemed him a winner. Since he wasn't able to turn it in by 5 p.m. on Thursday, which marked the 180-day deadline, the money is labeled as unclaimed and will be given to California public schools.
Although the winner didn't get any reward, the supermarket that sold the ticket received a bonus of nearly 5,500 dollar.
More from AOL
Friday the 13th, two months in a row
Low-flying plane landed just feet from the beach
What does the state you live say about your personality?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Borrow From Your Home, Not The Bank ($25k for $168/month)
- Need Cash For The Holidays? How To Unlock Your Home's Equity
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- Server says she was accused of ruining a woman’s pregnancy announce…
- 9 fun gifts for your boyfriend under $100 that are not just leather wa…
- Mom-to-be is ‘horrified’ when mother-in-law gets her own private baby …
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!