Nothing says romantic like Bill Belichick's face, right?
What's that? You don't agree? Tell it to Connecticut couple Jessica Dempsey and Scott Julian, who sent out wedding invitations with a close-up photo of the often-cranky Patriots coach, with the caption "let's party."
Here is what the invitations look like:
That face is the face of true love.
If you can't see the connection between the photo and the wedding, you're definitely not alone. This probably confused many invited guests.
The question is: will all the guests be required to wear Patriots hoodies? Everyone would at least be comfortable.
There are a couple of reasons why an engaged couple would use such an image. Let's go over them, shall we? I think we can narrow it down to these five:
1. They're big Patriots fans, and they think the image is funny and/or ironic.
2. They're attempting to weed out guests who don't have a sense of humor, or aren't football fans.
3. That face expresses how they really feel about marriage. Maybe this is an arranged marriage or something.
4. There was a mix up at the printer's, and this was a total mistake.
5. They just want to confuse people.
Whatever the reason, hopefully they actually sent one to Belichick. Maybe he can give an apathetic wedding toast for them: "On to the honeymoon."
More on AOL
2015 NFL mock draft: Pre-free agency edition
NBA awards watch: Can A. Davis join the MVP race?
8 Cinderella teams in the conference tournaments
For more sports coverage, please visit FanSided.com.