The trick to chopping chives & scallions perfectly
Chopped chives are a fresh, healthy way to give flavor to many dishes.
For faster, crisper cuts of chives (or scallions), use a rubber band to hold the herbs together. As you chop along the stems, simply move the rubber band back. The elastic will keep the chives taut and steady, making them easier to slice through and less likely to get squashed in the process.
The trick to chopping chives and scallions:
- Gather a bunch of chives together and align them carefully with one another.
- Wrap a rubber band around the bunch to hold the chives taut.
- For the fastest, crispiest cuts, use a rocky motion to chop the chives as thinly as possible with a sharp knife since a dull knife would bruise them
- As you chop, simply adjust the rubber band as necessary.
- Kitchen shears can be used as an alternative.
- This method may also be used for scallions.
How to make avocados ripen faster
Cheese hacks every food lover needs to know
How to peel hard boiled eggs in only seconds