A restorative DIY chocolate face mask
By Lauren Kelp
There are actually a lot of studies that show dark chocolate is great for your skin! It's packed with anti-oxidants, and when combined with the anti-inflammatory agents in honey, and the soothing components of plain yogurt, we can whip up a yummy face mask with awesome benefits!
- 2-3 tbs. dark cocoa powder (at least 70% cacao or more)
- 1 tsp. raw or organic honey
- 1. tbs. plain yogurt
- Mix all ingredients together until it forms a thick paste.
- You can add more yogurt and honey if you feel like it's still a bit too thick. Apply to clean skin avoiding the eye area.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and a washcloth that can be stained.
- Follow with your daily moisturizer.
Your skin should feel nice and smooth, with a more even skin tone afterward. Plan on tying out this mask? Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram/Twitter with @laurenkelp and #LKbeauty so we can see your creations!
See the full post here.
More from Lauren Kelp:
Awards season lip color
Beauty sleep for the night owl
Bloke body scrub