When a couple in Spokane, Washington opened up their monthly statement, they saw the first name of the account holder had been replaced with the word 'asshole'.
The bill came after Lisa Brown called Comcast customer service and asked to cancel her cable due to financial problems. She was informed a 60 dollar fee would be tacked onto her bill for canceling. When an agreement couldn't be reached, her call was directed to a retention specialist, who attempted to sign her up for another 2 year contract.
She wasn't willing to accept the offer and then the family's bill showed up with the offending name change. Lisa attempted to rectify the situation with phone calls and even a visit to her local Comcast office but the nasty name still wasn't removed from her account.
When the story started spreading, Lisa was contacted by Comcast and offered a 2-year refund. The company also apologized publicly for the incident and said an investigation is underway to determine what happened.
Last year, another interaction got widespread media coverage when tech writer Ryan Block wanted to cancel his Comcast service.
More from AOL
N. Korea demanded $10 billion for summit: ex-Seoul leader
Newsweek's tech sexism story: More than just a cover
Animal rights group rallies for couple to keep pet bear
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Restaurant servers freak out when someone requests ‘a table for 91’
- Nordstrom Rack seriously has the best 4th of July sale — shop 30+ of o…
- This $13 best-selling portable luggage scale will ensure that your sui…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!