When a couple in Spokane, Washington opened up their monthly statement, they saw the first name of the account holder had been replaced with the word 'asshole'.
The bill came after Lisa Brown called Comcast customer service and asked to cancel her cable due to financial problems. She was informed a 60 dollar fee would be tacked onto her bill for canceling. When an agreement couldn't be reached, her call was directed to a retention specialist, who attempted to sign her up for another 2 year contract.
She wasn't willing to accept the offer and then the family's bill showed up with the offending name change. Lisa attempted to rectify the situation with phone calls and even a visit to her local Comcast office but the nasty name still wasn't removed from her account.
When the story started spreading, Lisa was contacted by Comcast and offered a 2-year refund. The company also apologized publicly for the incident and said an investigation is underway to determine what happened.
Last year, another interaction got widespread media coverage when tech writer Ryan Block wanted to cancel his Comcast service.
More from AOL
N. Korea demanded $10 billion for summit: ex-Seoul leader
Newsweek's tech sexism story: More than just a cover
Animal rights group rallies for couple to keep pet bear
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!