Miss USA Nia Sanchez didn't take home the crown at this year's Miss Universe pageant - but she left viewers with plenty to talk about.
When world champion boxer and pageant judge Manny Pacquiao asked the 24-year-old what she would say to terrorists if given 30 seconds to talk to them, she said this:
"I know as Miss USA I can always spread a message of hope and love and peace, and I would do my very best to spread that message to them and everyone else in the world."
You don't say. Fans immediately posted their reactions on Twitter, criticizing the beauty queen for her very textbook answer - including suggesting that such a sunshine-and-unicorns-response should knock her from the No. 1 spot.
One user tweeted, "Wow. World peace. As a pageant answer. Not ironic at all. #MissUniverse"
Others bashed her answer for being completely impractical. "Hilarious answer by #missusa. She sends #Isis a message of hope and candy and butterflies. Very strong message to radical terrorists."
Oh, and even Allen West chimed in, tweeting, "This is why we're doomed."
On the other hand, several viewers blamed Manny Pacquiao's question, saying it's a little crazy to think Miss USA has the answer to end terrorism.
And her reaction when it was all said and done? "Tonight was perfect. I must say I felt all the prayers and took in all the advice. I fully lived in every moment and enjoyed every single second. I'm so grateful for this beautiful experience. Thank you for the outpouring of love and support!"
Best of the Miss Universe costume contest:
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Celebrate with a bang this 4th of July with these festive beverages
- More than 30,000 Amazon shoppers swear by the MudBuster for cleaning t…
- 8 must-shop OXO Good Grips deals you need to add to your Amazon cart t…
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance