The Siren's Call
One might throw themselves upon rocky shores for a taste of The Siren's Call, made with Owney's Rum, Thai Chili Infused Green Chartreuse and Clarified Lime Juice. It's a gorgeous cocktail-the bright greens of the lime and the chartreuse seem to glow in the glass.
Ingredients for The Siren's Call
- 1 ½ oz Owneys White Rum
- ¾ oz Thai Chili Infused Green Chartreuse
- ½ oz Clarified Lime Juice
- A whole Thai chile (optional garnish)
- Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
- 20 oz fresh lime juice, strained
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ tsp agar agar powder
- Bring water to a near boil, and stir in the Agar agar. Lower heat and let simmer for 2-5 minutes, until the agar is dissolved. Pour into a metal bowl, and add lime juice, whisking as you pour. Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, put in the refrigerator until the gelatin sets.
- Line strainer with a few layers of cheesecloth, and pour gelatin onto cheesecloth. Allow liquid to drip through, and then raise up the cheesecloth, gently squeezing with your hands. Make sure none of the "curds" come through the straining process.
- Behold, clear lime juice!
For the full post, visit Gastronismista.