Loaded Carne Asada Chips
So these, like all nachos, are super simple and so very delicious! I started with a base of the homemade potato chips. What I loved about these chips is they stayed super crunchy even when I piled on all those delicious toppings. Nothing is worse than a soggy nacho chip – boo!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 batch homemade potato chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese (jack, colby, cheddar - pick your fav)
- 1 lb grilled carne asada (or your favorite meat), sliced into strips
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- In an oven safe bowl or on a cookie sheet, spread out your chips and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted, being careful not to burn the cheese or chips.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove immediately and top with meat, tomatoes and scallions.
- Garnish with cilantro, salsa, guacamole, limes or any of your favorite toppings.
- Eat immediately! Try to share.