Farro Salad with Arugula and Feta
Farro is so versatile and can be used in soups, salads and any recipe that would call for rice or other grains.
Serving Size: 5 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup farro (pearled or whole grain)
- 2 cup chicken broth (you can also use vegetable broth)
- 2 cup arugula
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small container mix together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan combine farro and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and let cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until it gets to the texture you like. Again, for a firmer texture use less liquid and for a softer texture use more liquid. **Special note. If you use whole grain farro you will need to cook it about 10 -15 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in olive oil mixture then add arugula. Once arugula is wilted stir in feta cheese. Stir until all ingredients are combined and evenly distributed. Give it a taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Can be served warm or cold.
For the full post, visit Organize Yourself Skinny.