A new report reveals a flaw with social security that could leave LGBT baby bloomer same sex couples unprotected in retirement.
Some widows are missing out on thousands of dollars in social security because of their same sex relationships. In states that do not legally recognize same sex marriage, same sex couples are being denied survivor and spousal benefits.
SAGE has been challenging the social security administration to provide equal benefits to same sex couples. There are legal challenges in the works challenging this inequality as unconstitutional. Michael Adams, executive director of SAGE, speaks to some of the issues that could arise.
Related: LGBT News & Stories
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- ‘Smartest baby’ knows all her animal sounds at just 9 months old: ‘…
- Wife hasn’t spoken to husband in a week, so he ‘makes her talk’ with h…
- Amazon shoppers say this gadget is a game-changer for deep-cleaning ti…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!