Michael Bennett is a part of the Seattle Seahawks defense, and is one of the key pieces for the defensive line. The Seahawks will be going up against the Carolina Panthers this week, and Bennett talked about the matchup and included an awkward cousin dating metaphor.More From NFL1/8 - Aaron Rodgers says the Green Bay Packers are 'hungrier'
There are always things that are said the wrong way when a player is put on the spot in an interview, and that is exactly what happened with Bennett.
Seattle is the favored team heading into the matchup, but Bennett was talking about how similar the two teams are. Carolina isn't as talented on either side of the football, but they have the same makeup with a focus on defense.
"It's kind of weird playing them, because it's almost like you're looking in the mirror," Bennett said. It's a team that has similar attributes all over, similar qualities-both quarterbacks are both mobile, big receivers-well we don't have any big receivers, but we have big-hearted receivers-powerful running backs, great defensive lines and linebacker play. So it's a good game."
That was the normal part of his statement on the Panthers, but he just had to continue and make the awkward comparison that you will read in his next quote.
"It's so much alike, man. It's like you look at a girl who looks like you, and you find out it's your cousin, so you can't go on a date with her even though you'd like to, because she looks like you. But then you see her friend, and her friend's really hot, and you're like, 'that's not my cousin,' so it's good."
Needless to say, that was not the right metaphor to bring up. He went a bit too far with his quote, and it was disturbing for all of those listening. Despite that, it was still entertaining and a laughable situation for him to compare the game to that particular situation.
It is going to be a very entertaining game on Sunday, and both teams are going to be playing a hard-nosed style of football. Seattle should come out on top, but the Panthers aren't going to go down with a fight.
Aaron Rodgers says the Green Bay Packers are 'hungrier'
Dan Quinn wants Kyle Shanahan to help make the Jets not suck in 2015
Baseball Hall of Fame: Who gets the nod in 2016?
For more sports coverage, visit FanSided.com and follow Evan Massey on Twitter: @massey_evan
In case you missed it, check out the best sports action shots of the week in the gallery below:
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Bissell’s best-selling 3-in-1 ‘featherweight’ vacuum with 45,000 re…
- Fashion influencer Sai de Silva talks balancing motherhood and running…
- Flustered mom demands to be held to the same standards as dads: ‘I wan…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!