A disintegrating meteorite illuminated the sky over Bucharest, Romania, giving Romanians an impromptu light show. Media reports said the event took place at 3:05 am local time. Several security cameras -- including ones at Budapest airports -- captured the sight of the space rock lighting up the area.
Locals were shocked to see the bright light during total darkness; however, it seems that no one was hurt. The Romanian Space Agency (Rosa) reports that there was no damage to buildings since the meteorite burned in the atmosphere.
Stargazers and space lovers are having a great week: Comet Lovejoy reached its peak on Wednesday before it will disappear for 8,000 years.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Gap’s friends and family sale is back, and everything is 40% off
- 10 thoughtful gifts any college graduate would love
- Singer Cassie chats with Hannah Bronfman about being pregnant during t…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!