Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Cheese Pasta Salad
I generally use sun dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, but I figured by using this type, it would give this salad a tad more flavor using the oil the tomatoes were packed in, instead of regular extra virgin olive oil.
Serving Size: 20
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (I used Barilla)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 8 oz jar sun dried tomato in oil, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse under cold water and cool.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the sun dried tomatoes, onions, basil, cheese, dressing mix, oil from the sun dried tomatoes and vinegar. Mix well. Makes 10 cups (20-1/2 cup servings).