New Orleans Saints linebacker Junior Galette has found himself in some very serious trouble with the law.
The 26-year-old was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery involving domestic violence in Louisiana on Monday. Galette is alleged to have pushed a woman on the ground at his home.
The woman told police that Galette and Terrance Banks "jumped" her after an argument about cab money, according to The Adcovate.
In the morning, the woman said, she woke Galette up and asked for cab money. Galette instructed her to instead ask Banks, of Newark, New Jersey, who was a teammate of Galette's and defensive tackle on Temple University's football team before Galette made the Saints as an undrafted rookie out of small school Stillman College in 2010.
The woman said Galette and Banks then refused to give her any money and told her to leave the house. An argument broke out, and Galette is accused of pushing the woman twice trying to get her out.
The woman said she fell. Both Galette, 26, and Banks, 27, got on her, she couldn't breathe and she couldn't fight them off, she said, according to police.
The woman was eventually able to get hold of a phone and call 911.
This is obviously a horrific situation and one can expect serious consequences for Galette if this is an accurate account of the events.
It's possible that Galette could be hit with a six-game suspension due to him being a first-time offender of the NFL's new personal conduct policy. New Orleans could also release Galette, but he would count $16.2 million in dead money against their 2015 cap if they went that route. The Saints gave Galette a four-year, $41.5 million contract extension in September.
Galette has emerged as one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL in recent years. He racked up 45 tackles, 10 sacks and three forced fumbles while playing all 16 games this past season. His best year came in 2013 when he posted 40 tackles, 12 sacks, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
However, the future of this promising career is certainly in doubt at the moment.
The NFL and Saints have both said they are aware of Galette's arrest and looking into the matter.
Larry Sanders tells Milwaukee Bucks he doesn't want to play basketball
Look at Johnny Manziel as a little boy with a little lamb (Photo)
Missouri Tigers DL Shane Ray declares for 2015 NFL Draft
For more sports coverage, visit Fansided.com and follow Sam Richmond on Twitter at srichmond93
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!