Is civilization on the verge of collapse?
Doomsday theories are not a new concept and they are usually quickly dismissed. However, a NASA backed study is dishing up some serious evidence that has many people listening.
Throughout human history there is a cycle of rise and collapse of all the successful empires. The Roman Empire, the Mayan Empire, or the Byzantine Empire are just a few examples. Could our modern western 'empire' be next?
Population, climate, energy, resource management are all stressed areas that could elevate into complicated problems despite our modern day technology. It is believed that our civilization is approaching a dangerous stage of the empire cycles.Ultimately the approaching age of decadence would see elite society members over consume resources that will eventually lead to the demise of an empire.
Discovery News provides details about the possible end of our civilization as we know it.
More on AOL:
Are men going extinct?
How can we stop sharks from going extinct?
The top 5 deadliest pandemics
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!