A hunter quickly became the hunted in Wisconsin.
A man was out hunting with his family recently in Fond du Lac County in Wisconsin when he shot and injured a deer with a crossbow arrow. But that doe didn't go down without a fight.
The man later went back out to track the deer when it jumped out and attacked him, reportedly injuring his leg with her head. The man was taken to the hospital for his injuries.
Deer attacks, though rare, can potentially very dangerous for those they're attacking. Animal Planet explains how male deer attack their prey.
"It lunges with its antlers, using the powerful muscles in its neck to push its target off-balance. Deer also use their hooves to strike, standing on their hind legs and pushing down with their full weight."
But it's not hunters who we normally consider at risk for deer-related injuries. Drivers must be careful, too.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, 18,338 accidents involving deer caused about 402 injuries and resulted in eight deaths in the state in 2013.
The status of the 72-year-old man attacked in Fond du Lac is currently unknown. As for the doe, the county's sheriff told The Fond du Lac Reporter, "I'm guessing the deer got away."
This video includes images from Charles Willgren / CC BY 2.0.
Also on AOL:
Officials release likely culprit of AirAsia crash
Two portraits of suspect emerge as trial nears
Girl, 7, may help authorities after surviving crash
Cops turn their backs during mayor's eulogy
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program