By RYAN GORMAN
An additional three bodies have been pulled from the wreckage of AirAsia Flight QZ8501, the airline has announced.
The trio brings the total of recovered victims to 37, AirAsia said in a Monday statement. Four more remains were also identified, bringing that total to 13.
The three males and one female identified are Tony Linaksita, Shiane Josal , Lim Yan Koen and Yongki Jou.
Their remains have been handed over to their respective families, the airline said.
The grim news came as an Indonesian government climatologist claimed in a newly-released report that icy conditions led to the flight's demise.
It has also been reported, by CNN, that Flight QZ8501 was not licensed by the Indonesian Transport Ministry to fly on the day the incident occurred.
That lack of official clearance may have contributed to the pilots not being provided with an official weather forecast, the Jakarta Post has also reported.
AirAsia had the forecast in hand, but not until almost an hour after the plane crash.
This latest development comes only days after it was revealed a Chinese conspiracy theorist appeared to have predicted the doomed flight weeks in advance, but falls mostly in line with the widely-held belief that weather played a central role in downing the plane.
It has been widely reported the pilot requested a change in altitude while trying to fly above violent monsoonal thunderstorms nearly halfway through the Surabaya, Indonesia, to Singapore flight.
The climatologist's report is the first comment from an official government channel over what may have caused QZ8501 to plunge into the sea.
Debris including suitcases, seats, air masks and clothes has been recovered, and investigators believe they have located the airliner's fuselage, but the black boxes have yet to be recovered.
There were 162 souls aboard the plane. No survivors have been found.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Mom waits until son’s wedding day to reveal childhood gift’s ’embar…
- TikToker turns leftover coffee into dessert
- 5 TikTok takes on the Korean lunch box cake that are almost too cute t…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!