Roasted Parmesan Tomato Panini
Using baked parmesan tomatoes as the main ingredient in a panini is one of my favorites! Juicy and flavorful, this panini will please even your hungriest teenager.
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette or 5 grain Italian bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp country mustard
- 8 oz mozzarella slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix together cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil. Spoon mixture onto tomato halves. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut bread into four segments and then slice in half lengthwise.
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard and spread onto bread.
- Add mozzarella slices and lettuce to sandwich bottoms and top with tomatoes and black olives. Place the top bread slice on the tomatoes and press down lightly. At this point you can light grill both sides or serve as is. Serve with lots of napkins!
For the full post, visit KC in the Kitchen.