Lime Squares with Pistachio Graham-Cracker Crust
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- ⅔ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup (4 ounces) graham-cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with melted butter. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a food processor, finely grind pistachios with graham-cracker crumbs, sugar, and zest. Blend in butter. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool crust, 30 minutes.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk. Add lime juice; whisk until smooth. Pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Cool in pan on rack; then chill at least 1 hour before serving. Using parchment paper overhang, lift out of pan, and transfer to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares, wiping knife with a damp kitchen towel between each cut.
Source: Martha Stewart Living Special Issues, 2006
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grilled Cheese Recipes for Grown-Ups
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen
Delicious Desserts in 15 Minutes or Less