Italian Cannellini Bean Burgers
This Italian Cannellini Bean Burger has all my favorite flavors wrapped up in one neat little package: Spinach, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, rosemary, how can you go wrong? You can even make these ahead of time and take for lunch as they also reheat beautifully.
Serving Size: 6 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, chopped½ cup baby spinach1
- Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 white button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the beans, oats and cheese to your food processor and pulse 3-4 times leaving some of the beans somewhat in tack; then place the mixture in a bowl.
- In the same food processor, combine the scallions, spinach, rosemary, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms; then pulse until the mixture is smooth. Add the mixture to the beans and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saute pan. Form six balls with the bean mixture and flatten.
- Fry each bean burger 3-5 minutes per side and drain on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
For the full post, visit Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.