Butternut squash will woo you with its rich beta carotene count that your body converts into vitamin A, helping to strengthen your lungs, heart and eyes, while giving your skin that beautiful glow. Apples will refresh your body with its high amounts of vitamin C, helping to boost your immune system.
If you are feeling more adventurous and have some extra time, we'd recommend adding in some caramelized onions, to increase the depth of flavor.Serving Size: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 cup butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, chopped
- ½ apple, cored
- ½ cup water or chicken/veggie stock
- 7 leaves sage, sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Prep: Steam your squash for 10 minutes, until soft. Heat up water, or stock, set aside. Cut apple in half, removing the core.
- Process: Blend squash and apple in a food processor. In a pot, add your puree, then your water or stock, some salt and pepper, then bring to a boil.
- Serve: Set out your bowls and serve. Drizzle with olive oil, top with sage and another grind of pepper.
For the full post, visit Butter Beans.