Tortilla Soup with Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Cook garlic and chili powder until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, broth, corn, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add tortilla chips; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve soup with lime wedges and, if desired, more chips.
More from Martha Stewart:
53 Heart-Shaped Ways to Say "I Love You"
Can't Get Your Hands on a Cronut? Make These Crazy Hybrid Desserts Instead
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart