Scrambled Tofu Rancheros
For the days that you just want to have a fancy breakfast, try this recipe.
Ingredients for Tofu "Eggs":
- ½ block extra firm tofu, crumbled
- sprinkle of turmeric (for coloring)
- sprinkle of smoked paprika (for coloring)
- ½ tsp salt
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil.
- Place all of the ingredients inside until fully colored and heated through. This should only take 3-5 minutes.
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blender until chunky. Add a splash (start with 1 Tbsp) of non-dairy milk if you want it smoother. Use a rubber spatula to get beans off of the sides.
- Place into a small sauce and gently heat on low until heated through.
- 1 scrambled tofu eggs (see above)
- 1 pinto beans (see above)
- 4 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- 2 Tbsp thinly diced onions
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- sliced jalapenos (optional)
- non-dairy sour cream (or cashew cream)
- 4 lime wedges
- Assemble: Throw everything onto a corn tortilla and enjoy!
For the full post, visit Fork and Beans.