Pumpkin Pie Skillet Brownie
This Pumpkin Pie Skillet Brownie made the house smell amazing, and made me sooo excited for fall.
Serving Size: 6 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 50 mins
Ingredients Pumpkin Pie Topping
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sugar In The Raw Organic White
- Egg Whites from 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron skillet with non-stick spray or olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1⁄4 cup sugar until smooth. Add egg white from 1 egg and continue to beat. Add 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until very smooth. Set aside. This is your pumpkin pie layer mixture.
- ½ cup Sugar In The Raw Organic White
- Egg Whites from 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 oz good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1⁄2 cup sugar, egg white from 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, oil, melted chocolate, and 1 cup pumpkin puree. Beat until totally smooth and incorporated. Slowly add the flour mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Finally, add the buttermilk and mix until combined and
- smooth. This is your brownie mixture.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the skillet and smooth out with a spatula. Top with the pumpkin pie layer. Using a knife, slide the knife through the two layers to create a swirled top layer.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, or until cool, cut and serve! Top with Caramel Gelato or Vanilla Ice cream for an extra special treat!
For the full post, visit The Cookie Rookie.
Compensation for this post was provided by In the Raw ® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In the Raw ® or AOL.