Peach & Shrimp Crostini with Pesto
By Simply Sated
Peach & Shrimp Crostini with Pesto is an easy appetizer anytime fresh peaches are in the house.
- 1 baguette - cut into ½" slices
- olive oil
- 3 fresh peaches - peeled & halved
- pesto - your favorite homemade or store-bought
- 2 cup mini shrimp - I used frozen, pre-cooked mini shrimp thawed overnight in the fridge.
- fresh basil leaves - chopped (dried can be used if fresh isn't available)
- balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Prepare the grill - heat the coals - you know the drill:-)
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with olive oil and set aside.
- Brush or drizzle each peach half with a little olive oil.
- Place the thawed shrimp in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Pour the shrimp onto a paper towel, pat dry.
- Place the shrimp into a small bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- When the coals are ready, place baguette slices on the griddle over the coals long enough to get grill marks on the bread. Turn each piece over to get grill marks on the other side. Watch very closely (they burn quickly)!
- When grilled to perfection, place the baguette slices on a plate and set aside.
- Place each peach half on the grill - cook each side until you get the desired grill marks then remove and set aside until ready to chop.
- Place the shrimp in a grill basket and place over the coals just long enough for them to get a little color and some smoky flavor infused. Remove from the heat.
- Once all the ingredients have been grilled, place each baguette slice on a grilling tray.
- Spread each piece with pesto then top with shrimp & peaches.
- Place the grill tray on the griddle on the side without coals and close the lid. Leave long enough to warm through - just 15 seconds or so - depending how hot the grill is. Crostini will burn quickly so watch closely:-)
- Remove the tray from the grill, drizzle each crostini with balsamic and garnish with fresh basil.
For the full post, visit Simply Sated.