Marshmallow Strawberry Shortcake
This dessert is so simple and takes next to no planning to put together. That's what I love about it – it's quick, simple but fabulously sweet and fresh. The perfect dessert for your Fourth of July cookout or any backyard BBQ you'll have the rest of the summer.
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 frozen poundcake sliced into 8 1/2-inch slices (not thawed - see notes)
- 8 Campfire® Marshmallows Regular marshmallows, cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar, if using. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes or until strawberries are juicy and soft (see notes).
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill frozen pound cake slices until grill marks appear and cake is warm. Top each slice with 2 halves of a sliced marshmallow and toast using a kitchen torch (see notes). Top each slice with 1/4 cup of strawberries. Place one layer of cake, marshmallows and strawberries onto a second layer and serve!
Cutting pound cake when frozen makes it easier to slice and keeps the pound cake from falling apart on the grill.
Marshmallows can be roasted prior to placing onto poundcake depending on your preference.
If you are using very fresh, sweet strawberries, you can skip the sugar and mash the strawberries lightly with a fork to get the juices going.
For the full post, visit Jelly Toast.