An Illinois man can finally move on from the pain of a 1963 car crash because the last piece of debris from the wreckage of the accident was finally removed -- from his arm.
Arthur Lampitt crashed his Ford Thunderbird head-on into a truck over 50 years ago and unknowingly carried with him a piece of the T-bird embedded in his arm. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that at the time the crash was so bad it was reported as a fatality and somehow with all of Lampitt's other injuries, a 7-inch turn signal lodged in his arm was overlooked.
Over a decade ago an Xray revealed a pencil like object in the 75-year-olds arm but it was left untouched until now. "Everything was fine until it started to get bigger," Lampitt's wife Betty told the Post-Dispatch, "the arm started bulging."
Lampitt says he was positive they would find the object to be a turn signal from his old T-bird - the object was noticeably missing from crash photos. After less than an hour under the knife with Dr. Timothy Lang, the turn signal was removed. "We see all kinds of foreign objects like nails or pellets, but usually not this large, usually not a turn signal from a 1963 T-Bird." Dr. Lang said.
It may not be common but unusual things are removed from unusual places all the time. Last summer a woman in Scotland had a 10-year-old sex toy removed from her vagina. The 38-year-old claimed she was intoxicated a decade prior and clearly forgot to remove toy after using it with a partner.
KTVI spoke to Arthur Lampitt. Here's what he had to say:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Delicious no-cheese dinner recipes from TikTok
- Dad reveals newborn to family with an ‘epic’ socially distanced debut:…
- Mom captures toddler’s ‘full spectrum’ of emotions in just 45 seconds
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!