- 2 cup cold Homemade Baking Mix (see notes)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped raisins
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together baking mix, granulated sugar, raisins, and zest. In another bowl, whisk together cream and egg; stir into baking-mix mixture until a dough forms. Pat into a 6-inch round on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with cream; sprinkle with sanding sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, and pull them 2 inches apart.
- Bake scones until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on pan on a wire rack.
Source: Martha Stewart Living
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart
36 Dinners You Can Make in Just 15 Minutes!
All of the Turkey Recipes You'll Ever Need
25 Make-Ahead Recipes For a Stress-Free Thanksgiving Day
21 New Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas to Try This Year