- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
- Beat together egg and egg white; season with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Cook scallion until softened, 1 minute. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold edges of egg mixture in to form a patty about the size of an English muffin. Continue to cook until set, about 20 seconds more.
- Place egg on bottom half of English muffin and season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce, if using. Layer with avocado, then other half of muffin.
More from Martha Stewart:
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Beyond Delicious No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Everyone
You've Never Seen Avocado Toast Like This