Charred Tomatoes with Fried Eggs on Garlic Toast
- 4 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 small tomatoes, such as cocktail or Campari, halved
- Rub toasted bread with garlic and brush with oil. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook, undisturbed, until whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Brush cut sides of tomatoes with oil. Sear, cut sides down and undisturbed, until charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer 2 tomato halves to each piece of toast with a spatula and lightly mash. Season with salt and pepper and top with fried eggs.
More from Martha Stewart:
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Beyond Delicious No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Everyone
You've Never Seen Avocado Toast Like This
Photography: Ryan Liebe