Broccoli-Spinach Soup with Avocado Toasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts thinly sliced
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken stock or water
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (6 cups)
- 6 oz baby spinach (6 cups)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp tahiniCoarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup radish sprouts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, covered, until bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, Parmesan, and tahini. Let cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.
- Top bread with avocado and radish sprouts. Season with salt and pepper, squeeze with lemon, and drizzle with oil.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grilled Cheese Recipes for Grown-Ups
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen
Delicious Desserts in 15 Minutes or Less