Beet Pasta with Ricotta
- 1 lb red beets, trimmed, scrubbed
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 Tbsp chopped tomatoes
- Red-pepper flakes
- 12 oz farro spaghetti
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle beets with oil and season with salt. Wrap tightly in foil and roast until tender, 1 hour. Peel and chop once cool.
- Pulse beets, walnuts, and tomatoes in a food processor. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup water, and return to pot.
- Toss with beet mixture, adding pasta water until creamy. Serve with ricotta, a drizzle of oil, and red-pepper flakes.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grilled Cheese Recipes for Grown-Ups
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen
Delicious Desserts in 15 Minutes or Less