Southwestern Spicy Frittata
We love eggs at my house but sometimes plain old scrambled eggs or an omelet can be boring. I had some nice juicy plump tomatoes and gorgeous peppers that were just begging to be used so I thought a spicy roasted vegetable frittata was in order. With spicy chorizo, garlic, a hint of srirachi sauce and nice roasted veggies this frittata is nothing short of amazing. My favorite part- HASHBROWNS! Yep, crispy, yummy hashbrowns make the perfect addition to this frittata and contrast so well with the soft egg texture. Filling, moist and loaded with flavor its perfect for brunch or a dinner alongside a nice crisp salad.
- package of chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bag of frozen shredded hash brown
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flake
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- Caramelize hashbrowns, onions and peppers in olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until deep brown; stir often. Add chorizo, cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat your eggs,milk, sriracha, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Just until combined. You do not want to over mix your eggs. Stir in the cheeses.
- In your skillet with the onions and peppers, arrange them so that there are peppers and onions covering the entire base. A.K.A. spread them out! Pour in the eggs. Turn heat to medium-high and cook for 5-7 minutes(until the edges are turning slightly brown) without stirring! Put down the spatula!
- After 5-7 minutes arrange the tomato slices on top of the egg mixture and place in the oven at 450 for 10 minutes until set.