Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
By The Law Student's Wife
The cinnamon cream cheese frosting on these Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies mirrors the whipped cream on top of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Monk Fruit in the Raw
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place rack in center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet parchment paper or a silpat mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, Monk Fruit In the Raw, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients, then mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Drop dough by large, rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with your fingers. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned at the edges and dry to the touch. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Beat together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and butter on medium low. Beat in the cinnamon and vanilla extract. Spread over cooled cookies and serve.
For the full post, visit The Law Student's Wife.
Compensation for this post was provided by In the Raw ® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In the Raw ® or AOL.