Pigskin Smashed Potato Poppers
These crisp, tender taters are made even better with the addition of crunchy & smoky bacon! Smashing the potatoes makes for super crispy edges that totally grip the bacon and won't let go!
You can take these poppers in any flavor direction you want to go! Jazz them up with some glaze like BBQ or hot sauce on the bacon, or serve them with an assortment of sauces and melty cheeses for dipping! You can't go wrong.
- some itty bitty potatoes, one per popper
- bacon, one slice per popper
- salt and pepper to taste
- assorted glaze and dip (optional)
- Boil up the potatoes.
- Let them cool and gently, ever so slightly smash those babies with the back of a spoon.
- Wrap them in a strip of bacon, place them seam-side down on a baking rack, sprinkle them with some salt and pepper, and/or a glaze of your choice.
- Bake them at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until they're dark and crispy!