Mushroom and Avocado Breakfast Burrito with Sriracha Aioli
This recipe makes a large portion. You can even toss left-over tofu scramble on salads for a quick and easy lunch. Enjoy your protein-energized day!Ingredient for Burritos:
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp braggs amino acids
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tofu crumbles, bragg's amino acids, toasted sesame seed oil and cumin. Cook until tofu becomes golden, stirring occasionally. Add shredded carrot and black beans, cook until beans are heated. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add an extra drizzle of olive to skillet and warm over medium heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt, sauté until mushrooms have released their moisture and start to turn a dark golden color, around 8-10 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp Vegenaise
- spritz of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp or more depending on taste) Sriracha
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together vegenaise, lemon juice and sriracha.
- Warm tortillas on the stove top or in a microwave.
- To assemble burritos, add a scoop of the tofu/bean scramble, scoop of sautéed mushrooms, avocado slices and Sriracha aioli. Roll and eat!
For the full post, visit Begin Within Nutrition.