The Baltimore Ravens' director of security has reportedly been charged with a sex offense.
According to court records cited by The Baltimore Sun, Ravens' senior security director Darren Sanders has been accused of a fourth-degree sex offense from an alleged incident on Dec. 14. He's reportedly due back in court for a hearing Feb. 9.
Few other details were revealed about the case, though Sanders' attorney spoke with The Sun Tuesday and says the accusations are "totally fabricated, made up."
He said, "It does a disservice to real victims when people make things up like this. People like [Sanders] are susceptible to made-up allegations. It puts you in a vulnerable position. He's had nothing but an exemplary career."
A Ravens' team spokesperson also told The Sun, "We are aware of the situation and have been investigating thoroughly."
Sanders is the same official who played a big role in the investigation of the sexual assault case involving former Ravens' running back Ray Rice.
An ESPN report from September says Sanders was the man who told team officials about the infamous elevator video showing Rice hitting his then-fiance Janay Palmer hours after it happened, though it's been disputed how it all unfolded.
Under Maryland law, if convicted, Sanders could face up to a $1,000 fine, a year in jail or both.
More from AOL
'Tattoo Nightmares:' Miami Heat fan gets his awful ink fixed
Report: Braxton Miller interested in transferring to Florida State
Teddy Bridgewater silenced doubters with his rookie campaign
- Latest mortgage news: Rates keep pushing past 6% to a 14-year high
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In H…
- 40 Of The Queen’s Most Adorable Moments With Kate And Meghan
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In Hist…
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Couple discovers that slap bracelets are actually a common househol…
- Ballet flats are the ‘It’ shoe of the fall, and we found 7 cute pairs …
- Fancify your life with these 12 unnecessary necessities from Amazon un…
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation