The Baltimore Ravens' director of security has reportedly been charged with a sex offense.
According to court records cited by The Baltimore Sun, Ravens' senior security director Darren Sanders has been accused of a fourth-degree sex offense from an alleged incident on Dec. 14. He's reportedly due back in court for a hearing Feb. 9.
Few other details were revealed about the case, though Sanders' attorney spoke with The Sun Tuesday and says the accusations are "totally fabricated, made up."
He said, "It does a disservice to real victims when people make things up like this. People like [Sanders] are susceptible to made-up allegations. It puts you in a vulnerable position. He's had nothing but an exemplary career."
A Ravens' team spokesperson also told The Sun, "We are aware of the situation and have been investigating thoroughly."
Sanders is the same official who played a big role in the investigation of the sexual assault case involving former Ravens' running back Ray Rice.
An ESPN report from September says Sanders was the man who told team officials about the infamous elevator video showing Rice hitting his then-fiance Janay Palmer hours after it happened, though it's been disputed how it all unfolded.
Under Maryland law, if convicted, Sanders could face up to a $1,000 fine, a year in jail or both.
More from AOL
'Tattoo Nightmares:' Miami Heat fan gets his awful ink fixed
Report: Braxton Miller interested in transferring to Florida State
Teddy Bridgewater silenced doubters with his rookie campaign
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Shop these 3 Nordstrom essentials for a closet refresh
- This ‘spaghetti table’ is the internet’s new least favorite recipe ‘ha…
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep thro…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021